Training Course on Quantitative Data Analysis for Social Sciences Research
The academic staff of the Faculty of Administrative Sciences and Economics at Tishk International University completed 24 training hours on Quantitative Data Analysis for Social Sciences Research on 12th June 2022, organized by the Faculty of Administrative Sciences and Economics. The training further equipped staff with the latest research ideas and tools, which are crucial to teaching and learning and would be of educational benefit.
Training Title: Quantitative Data analysis for social sciences research
Duration: 15 hours for Part A and 10 Hours for Part B, for 25 hours.
Purpose: This training program aimed to help academicians and researchers learn the basics and advanced statistical data analysis techniques. The training’s first part (A) covered the basics of quantitative data analysis using SPSS (Statistical Package of the Social Science). The second part (B) covered the advanced techniques for multivariate data analysis and sophisticated models for decision-making and forecasting using AMOS.
Objectives of the training:
1. To be able to analyze a large amount of numerical data using SPSS
2. To be able to enter data and screen the data
3. To conduct descriptive and frequency analysis
4. To find a statistical relationship between variables of your study.
5. To use regression analysis to find the impact of a dependent variable on an Independent Variable
6. To apply T-test analysis to find statistical differences between study samples.