Faculty of Administrative Sciences and Economics organized a training program and workshop to educate and excel our lecturers’ research ability. Prof. Dr. Abdul Sattar Alkhalidi gives training every week in the field of Research Methodology and Data Analysis.
Program intends to improve our lecturers’ ability to conduct research in their related fields. Program designed to be implemented within 10 weeks. Training program will follow the attached syllabus.
Type of Data and Levels of Measurement
- Statistical Sampling?
- Quick preview of Sampling Methods
- Representative of a Sample: Measures of Central Tendency
- Selecting Among the Mean, Median, and Mode
- Specialized Averages: The Geometric & Harmonic Means
- Histogramming: Checking for Homogeneity of Population
- How to Construct a Box-Plot
- Measuring the Quality of a Sample
- Measures of Dispersion
- Shape of a Distribution Function: The Skewness-Kurtosis.
- Estimators and Their Qualities
- Hypothesis Testing: Rejecting a Claim
- Hypotheses Testing for Means and Proportions
- Tests for Statistical Equality of Two or More Populations
- Applications of the Chi-square Statistic
- Regression Modeling and Analysis
- Logistic regression
- CHAID Decision Tree
- Structural Equations and Factor Analysis